Friday, October 8, 2010

Good bye New York...Hello Quebec

After 3 weeks of R&R at Tom and Debbie's cabin we have now emerged once again into Quebec.  We spend 1/2 a day in Huntingdon looking up all my ancestors graves etc.  Found the old homestead on Morrison side road and found the foundation and the old barn.  It was kind of spooky to be there and I asked my dad to email me the photo of the house when it was newly built in 1898...over 110 years ago...all that is left now is some rubble.

We will be in Quebec at Terry's dad's house until early November...then back to the USA.

We have officially booked a week to camp at "Fort Wilderness" part of the Disney Magic Kingdom's resort.  We will have 6 days at Disney, Epcot, etc at the end of November!!!  Terry is less than thrilled but I am soooo happy (Mike is happy too)!!

Ausable Acres, New York

The "cabin"

inside the cabin

 Huntingdon, Quebec

my great great great grandparents

the homestead in Huntingdon in 1898

No comments:

Post a Comment