Saturday, March 19, 2011

Bentsen Palm Village RV Resort

Our stay here at the Bentsen Palm Village RV Resort has been a good one.

The park has over 250 sites and is beautifully landscaped and arranged.  We have needed to visit the pool almost daily to escape the heat and humidity here. The people here are very nice, both of our neighbours are great, helping us get to the grocery stores and lending a helping hand with ladders etc.
Michael loves taking Sampson to the dog park for the daily "doggy social hour" from 4-5 pm..all the dog owners sit under the palapa while the dogs run free in the fenced in dog park.  I have enjoyed the woodshop here, I have created my 1st wooden bowl from a piece of walnut.  I am now hooked on woodturning and will be looking into getting set up once we return home!

We have gone to Margarita socials where the drinks are $1 per glass...uh oh...and ice cream socials..$1 for cake, ice cream and root beer floats...Mike was very happy about this!

We have gone to card bingo twice now..


Terry has also managed to find 40 new birds for his life list and I have found another 30 geocaches! 

We are leaving this park on Monday morning...road trip time again!

Ice cream social

the club house...we were the 1st people at our table...
my 1st bowl made from walnut



the supermoon seen on March 19th from Texas..very cool!



2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    My name is Nicole Willson and I work for RVParking.com, a RV park review website for RVers from all walks of life.

    I manage the guestblog program for blog.rvparking.com and I was wondering if you'd be interested in writing an article as part of our RVing with Kids series. In exchange for the article, we would add The Munday Travelers to our blog roll.

    Please let me know if you'd be interested.

    Best,

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole, that sounds great. I will try to find some time this next week to send you an article. Cheers, Kelly

    ReplyDelete