Monday, March 14, 2011

The Rio Grande Valley

The Valley is hot, very hot...hotter than I expected..and I don't particularly like the heat, well not the humidity part of heat!

The thermometer  read 97 F the other day.  Being a Canadian that went through school in the 70's and 80's I don't know the Fahrenheit system.  I had to ask Terry what 97 was and he quickly calculated that it was 36C ...I quickly jumped in the pool after that...

Thank goodness for air-conditioning too,  I have had it on almost every day.  I stand right in front of it and revel in the cool blast of air I am getting, as soon as it is turned off I start to perspire..I can't wait to get into milder climes again!  (don't quote this to me when I am shivering next winter)

Michael is having a blast at this park, as usual.  The other RV'ers just love him and have welcomed  him into their park nicely.  He was invited to play card bingo last night, so we all went.  A $2.20 investment in nickles,dimes, quarters and one $1, per person wasn't too hard to come up with from our laundry money.  Michael won a game with quarters and ended up with $18 in coins!  I exchanged it for him once we got back for my laundry stash, he was very happy, so was I!

Most of the other RV'ers are leaving within the next week, a mass exodus of 125 units all leaving to head back to their regular lives.

We are departing on March 29th for Big Bend National Park where we have a reservation for 4 nights. After Big Bend we are heading to Carlsbad, New Mexico for a few days then Arizona to see the Grand Canyon and Monument Valley etc for 3 more weeks.  Our last week in the USA will be in Las Vegas where we have a reservation for the KOA at Circus Circus on the strip!  Hard to believe that neither Terry nor I have been to Vegas before!  Once we leave Vegas we are heading home via the California coastline into the Vancouver area of BC...

A year ago I couldn't wait to get out of BC, now I can't wait to get back to BC!!  Funny how that happens!

Pontoon trip down the Rio Grande River

USA is on the left, Mexico is on the left
a park on the Mexican side

quiet time in the RV park
night time with lights from the next city

2 comments:

  1. There is a spot on the stairs to the bedroom where I sit directly under the AC... it's my favorite spot when it's hot outside.

    Great website... I'm going to read a bit about your journey so far. Are you headed back to Canada for the summer? (We're from the Pacific Northwest... lovely weather in the summer.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we have to head home across the border by May 7th. We will be visiting family and friends for 3 weeks in BC before heading home. Once we get home we are finished our adventure ..... until next time :)

    ReplyDelete